Ultima III Gold is an enhanced and bugfixed of Ultima III for the
Commodore 64. The original port from Apple II suffers from a heap
of technical problems and has some of the sloppiest code I've ever
- Supports 1541, 1570, 1571, 1581, CMD FD, CMD HD.
- Fits on a single disk side
- Keyboard remapping
- Movement keys are now sane on non-english keyboards.
- Unlimited Magic
- Unlimited Food
- Unlimited Torches
- Unlimited Keys
- Unlimited Gems
- Press T to teleport (X/Y coord 0-63)
- Press (B) to mount (H)orse or board (S)hip
- Press (X) to exit combat
- Yell "AMBROSIA" to travel to/from Ambrosia
- Code optimizations
The tile plotting routine has been rewritten which speeds up
the game significantly.
- Revamped save system
- Removed redundant sosaria save for performance reasons.
- Sosaria map is cached in ram when entering townes.
Only saves to disk when asked to - no automatic save when
the party dies.
- Buy more than one dagger at a time
- Select default character
Press 1-4 to select a default character for actions. Press 0
to revert to the games default behavious where it asks.
- Ask on location exit
- The game asks before it throws you out to the main map.
- Delete key now works when entering player name.