CGTerm was a C/G telnet client that let you connect to C64 telnet
BBS:s with the correct colours and the correct font. Also included
was a client for 64CHAT called
- Open source - runs on Windows, MacOS X, and unix compatibles.
- Full C64 screen and keyboard emulation.
- File download with Xmodem, Xmodem/CRC, Xmodem-1k, and Punter
- Screen capture to SEQ file, and SEQ file playback.
- Keyboard macros.
- Fullscreen mode.
- and more...
New in 1.6
- 80 column mode
- Fullscreen toggle for all platforms
- Optimized screen save
- File upload with Xmodem, Xmodem/CRC, and Xmodem-1k
- Address book
- Read/write to d64/d71/d81 (broken, see below)
- File drop box
- Sound toggle
- Config file is created if none exists
- Scrollback buffer
- X-modem padding is stripped and added correctly
- Added chat client
Known bugs in CGTerm 1.6.
- Unix users might get a complaint about a missing keyboard.kbd
file the first time they start the program. Simply restart and
the warning should be gone (but you still have to configure the
keyboard as described in the documentation).
- Disk image routines are broken in 1.6, specifically directory
and BAM code doesn't work correctly. d64 should be safe to use,
but don't use d71 and d81 images.
The last binary release of CGTerm was in 2003 and doesn't work anymore.
- CGTerm on GitHub
- Source code.
- Has a BBS list, telnet gateways, and more.
CGTerm is released under a slightly modified BSD license:
Copyright (c) 2003-2004, Per Olofsson
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided
with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
"AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.